Thursday 21 November 2013

1st Draft for Magazine Front Cover


This is my first rough draft of my front cover, for my music magazine. This will be my general layout, however, due to this being my first draft it may change where the cover lines will be placed.

However, I will have the mast head to the top as this is what most high and upper market magazines use, so I believed that if the mast head works well at the top for all other magazines, my should fit in with that general layout. I think that having the mast head at the top of the cover works particularly well because you can see the mast head when it is stacked in a newsagents or supermarket.

With my cover lines I will allow the to cover the main image, however, I will not allow the cover lines to continue onto the face of the person, as the person featuring on the front cover will be lose behind the righting. The main cover line will be larger than all the other cover lines, however, it will not be  larger than the mast head.

I will probably only use one image on my front cover, as my main image, this is because if I have more than one I think the cover becomes too busy and loses its sleek and sophisticated look. The main image for my cover photo will be taken by me, and will reflect the cover images of Vogue and Glamour.

No comments:

Post a Comment